Information Technology (IT) and IT Consulting is an umbrella term for a variety of interrelated activities, including:
- Providing advice and expertise on the use of computers, telecommunications equipment, and distribution networks that store, retrieve, transmit, and manipulate data to effectively achieve business objectives, and assessing operational efficiency and capacity of your IT environment
- Planning, designing, testing, implementing and managing IT technologies on behalf of a business
- Developing and supporting change management activities to transition users to new technologies and procedures
- Writing technical and user documentation
- Purchasing hardware and software systems on behalf of a business
- Providing and monitoring network security
- Training and supporting employees and customers in the use of IT technologies
- Staffing technical job functions on a temporary contract basis
Some common trends of late include the following subsets:
The big attraction of cloud computing, where your software and data are housed off-premises and accessed via a web portal, is that it’s generally less expensive.
Organizations have increased the amount of data they gather by orders of magnitude in recent years. To make use of all this data, companies need to sift it. IT consultants can help parse this data into useful and manageable reports. It could make send for your business to hire outside consultants for this specialized IT task.
It is generally easier and less expensive to have your IT needs handled by outside consultants rather than developing the expertise in-house, particularly given the ever-changing dynamic of IT technologies and requisite competencies to manage them. One of the advantages of outsourcing IT, according to an article by Colette L. Meehan in the Chronicle Herald online, is that “outsourcing allows management to defer the details to a specialized company. Removing the details permits management to focus on the larger issues within the organization.” Whether you outsource or not, the key to any successful relationship with an IT consultant is always the same: effective communication. You have to ensure that you and the consultant are always on the same page.
At Nanotek Consulting Corporation we strive to ensure we are always on the same page with our clients. We make things simple and affordable. Our experts have been in the IT industry for over 2 decades.
Contact us today at 1 (888) 913-6266