Managed Services Specialist
In this role of Managed Services Specialist, the individual will be responsible for all Managed Services activities within the organization, providing technical expertise to prepare solutions for new/existing platforms, architecture changes, and complex migrations solutions for our clients. The Managed Services specialist will need to identify customer needs for customized operational support, assessments, migration services and other consulting or managed services supporting adoption of our:
- Managed Hosting Services
- Infrastructure solutions
- Specialized custom application suites
Responsibilities include uncovering customer requirements, performing due diligence activities, solution development and implementation, preparing customer presentations, and bid responses by understanding the customer’s business challenges and customizing a solution to fit their business needs. The candidate must be able to possess strong technical knowledge to be able to comfortably work with senior IT staff and management as well as third party vendors and associates.
- Perform consultative, solutions-based design for both company and clients
- Research, design, plan and coordinate infrastructure upgrades, enhancements, improvements and/or newly required service deployments.
- Research customer infrastructure setups, assess capability and provide recommendations for dealing with performance and capacity issues, hardware and software end of life and new requirements and present findings to customers via audit report.
- Research new products to upgrade / to design standardize Managed Services solution offerings.
- Participate in operational and business critical projects through the scoping, planning, execution, and implementation.
- Provide technical direction in customer monthly and quarterly business review meetings.
The ideal candidate must possess; The ability to work in a team environment , demonstrate strong problem solving skills, be able to multi-task and work multiple projects simultaneously. The willingness to learn and constantly be learning new technologies while working in a fast changing environment is a must and having excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (oral, written and presentation) is mandatory.
- A Computer Science Degree / Diploma and equivalent in real-world experience.
- 5 + years of “hands-on” experience in a senior technical role related to IT infrastructure support.
- Broad understanding across all IT infrastructure including Windows server, SAN, network, virtualization, backup and Antivirus. Cisco experience is an asset.
- In depth understanding of Active Directory Infrastructure, DNS, DHCP, IAS, Clustering services, Windows Security, deployment services, DFS and other Microsoft infrastructure services.
- Solid understanding of Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2013 VMware and Hyper-V and be able to analyze and troubleshoot complex problems.
- Solid understanding of LAN and WAN networking, switching routing and firewalls.
- Understanding of and experience managing SANs from companies such as NetApp, HDS, IBM, 3Par and EMC.
- Enterprise level infrastructure experience that includes high availability configurations and a strong understanding of disaster recovery technologies, techniques and processes.
- Experience performing needs assessments, and making technical recommendations based on the discovered needs.
- Knowledge of computer environmental facilities including power distribution, UPS systems, generators, air handling equipment, cabling and cable management systems, and security.
- Ability to document solution components to an appropriate level of detail and data integrity.
- Knowledge of IaaS, PaaS and other cloud based services and offerings is highly desirable.
- General understanding of mobile products and solutions.
- An understanding of IT security and standard IT audits.