Cloud Engineer Job Description
* Cloud Computing design and deployment experience with PVC (Private Virtual Cloud) and Public Cloud.
- Expert of Active Directory domain, LDAP, DNS and DHCP.
- Expert of Exchange 2010 and unified communication.
- Expert of SANs and Blade Server hardware platform.
- Knowledge of Systems management and monitoring tools; i.e. SCCM and SCOM.
- Expert of backup and data de-duplication and archiving technologies and software like Nova Backup, Good Sync and Double Take
- Extensive knowledge of LAN/WAN, switches, routers and firewalls. Able to assist the Sr. Network Administrator on the networking matters.
- Third-Level Help Desk Ticket Resolution, including supporting the business 7x24x365 and on-call support as needed.
- Ensure that contingency and/or continuity technology services are compliant with security policies and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for Systems security, monitoring malicious virus/spam and taking preventive measures.
- Must have implementation experience with the Active Directory 2008, DNS and DHCP. Create and manage multiple domains, and Group Policy (GPO) management.
- Must have experience to implement domain level security policies according to the best practices.
- Provide platform leadership in Exchange 2010 and Unified communication. Must have hands on experience with the installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Exchange 2010.
- Expert with the black berry communication, BES server troubleshooting, administration and security policies.
- Experience is required with the SANs, Blade servers, server hardware. Must be proficient with the RAID configuration and server hardware maintenance.
- Experience with the datacenter environments including control panel software like HOSTING CONTROLLER and Plesk.
- Must have implementation experience with the Virtualization technologies; i.e. VMWare vSphere, and/ or Microsoft Hypervisor.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Communication Server (OCS), System Centre Configuration Managers (SCCM) and System Centre Operations Managers (SCOM).
- Must have SharePoint 2010 implementation, administration and troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with enterprise level backup solutions; i.e. Symantic Backup Exec
- Responsible for the daily backup and restore operations, develop periodic data restore exercise and procedures.
- Expert in the data de-duplication and email archiving solutions Responsible for the disaster recovery planning and test exercise.
* Solid understanding of enterprise level antivirus technologies; i.e. Office Scan and McAfee
- Responsible for Server/Desktop, OS and application patch management using enterprise level technologies such as WSUS and/or SCCM
- Interacts with internal clients on all levels to resolve IT issues in a timely and efficient manner
- Builds and maintains ongoing vendor relationships
- Research and evaluate new technology for the department
- Provides mentoring, coaching and support to the IT team
- Project Planning and technical documentation as required.
- Coordinate change planning and formal change control process to systems in order to eliminate customer impact and to ensure that availability SLA’s are met.
- Maintain Enterprise Standards within the facility to the specifications of the corporate standards, and Bill 198. (This includes desktops/laptops, network infrastructure devices, servers and production applications).
- Solid experience with full project life cycle activities, including project planning, scoping, implementation, operations and documentation. Provide accurate project status updates and facilitating project closure.
- Implementation experience of domain security policies, server hardening and operating systems.
- Experience managing multiple, complex projects concurrently
- Self-starting independent thinker that possesses initiative, creativity and strong organizational, analytical, problem-solving, decision-making and coaching skills
- Solid understanding of ITIL processes and substantial project management skills.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and hold others accountable for their timelines and tasks
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Ability to lift heavy IT equipment; i.e. servers, routers and switches etc.
- Experience working on multiple concurrent projects, internal and outsourced staff and a variety of technologies
- Demonstrated success managing change in a dynamic, collaborative entrepreneurial environment
- Track record of building positive long-term relationships with various internal clients, vendors and managing service levels
- Proven experience providing exceptional customer service to internal clients
- Experience coaching, mentoring junior IT staff and a strong sense of role ownership
- Proactive management of all areas of responsibility
- Strong ability to prioritize, a sense of urgency
- Cisco Certified Security Professional – CCSP (nice to have)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional – CCNP (nice to have)
- ITIL V3 Foundation and Project Management training and/or certification
QUALIFICATIONS & MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- 5+ years experience as a Sr. Systems Administrator in a large publically traded organization.
- Up to date and/or recent Microsoft certification (MCSE)
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS)
- Up to date and/or recent Microsoft certification (MCSA or MCITP)
- Citrix/VMware Virtualization Certification
- SAN Certification and/or training/experience
- University Degree or 3 or 4 year College Diploma in a relevant IT discipline
- Project Management training and/or experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An in-depth understanding of all areas of IT and how the IT department impacts the organization as a whole.